Shared components used by Firefox and other Mozilla software, including handling of Web content; Gecko, HTML, CSS, layout, DOM, scripts, images, networking, etc. Issues with web page layout probably go here, while Firefox user interface issues belong in the Firefox product. Nov 30, 2017 Firefox Quantum is the latest internet browser to natively support FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) devices, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to see this advancement! With Mozilla jumping on board, millions of Firefox users can now begin to experience the ease-of-use and security of the YubiKey and U2F authentication.with one small caveat. Jun 27, 2019 By default, these two flags are set to false, which means they are disabled. So click the toggle button to switch them to true, therefore enabled. There’s no need to reboot Firefox to apply your changes, and the way you can test the new password generator is pretty simple.
Firefox can remember what you've entered in forms on web pages, also known as text fields. After you've entered something into a form on a web page (such as a search box), the next time you visit that page, your previous entry will be available to re-use. This article describes how to use the auto form fill feature and how to clear or prevent it from storing form entries.
Table of Contents
To use your previous entry in a form:
- Type the first few letters of the entry into the form field. Firefox will display a drop-down menu with what you've typed into the form before.
- You may see a list of all the entries stored for a particular form field by pressing the ↓ key when the field is empty.
- Press the ↓ key to select the entry you want to re-use. Press EnterReturn when the appropriate entry is highlighted. The text of the entry will appear in the form field. You may also use the mouse to click on the entry.
If you want to remove one of your previous form entries from Firefox's history:
- Click on the form field and press the ↓ key to display all the saved entries. You may type the first few letters of the entry to limit the number of entries displayed.
- Use the ↓ key or the mouse pointer to highlight the entry you wish to delete.
- Press Shift+Delete. The entry will be removed.
Repeat the process for each entry that you'd like to delete.
If you want Firefox to forget all of your previous form entries:
- Click on the Library button .
- Click History, and then Clear Recent History….
- In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, choose Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that you can clear.
- Make sure Form & Search History has a check mark next to it.
- Click to clear your form history and close the dialog box.
If you don't want Firefox to remember what you've entered into form fields, you can turn off the auto form fill feature:
Installing GitOnce the msysGit executable, double click on it to start the installation wizard. We recommend installing msysGit because we’ve found it’s easier to work with than the Cygwin based installation. Git bash generate ssh key. We will describe how to install the msysGit package.
- Click the menu button and select ..
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the drop-down menu next to Firefox will, choose Use custom settings for history.
- Remove the check mark next to Remember search and form history.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Disabling form history also prevents Firefox from storing search history for the Search bar in the Navigation Toolbar.
If you find that Firefox does not save your form entries and you cannot re-use them, please read the article Firefox doesn't save web form entries.
Enable Key Generation Mozilla Firefox 10
Based on information from Deleting autocomplete entries (mozillaZine KB)